Thursday, November 10, 2005

Overheard in Durham Vol. 2

Thursday, November 10
Trinity Cafe, Duke East Campus
2:40pm

Long line for coffee and smoothies and mochas with skim milk and ipecac (for the bulimcs--it's known as a "Vomocha"). Conversation between two people in line:

GIRL: So, you believe in nothing?
BOY: (nods)....I believe in nothingNESS.
GIRL: So, basically, you believe that whatever happens is up to you?
BOY: (nods)
GIRL: That's so lonely and sad!
BOY: No, it's happy and good.
GIRL: No it's not, it's lonely and sad!
BOY: .....
GIRL: So, wait, like, if you went home and just watched The O.C. for the rest of your life, you'd be content?
BOY: ....
GIRL: I mean, if that's all you had to do, you'd be content.
BOY: NO, because I don't want to do that.

P-R-I-V-A-T-E U-N-I-V-E-R-S-I-T-Y, folks.


No comments: