Sunday, December 11, 2005

Seven Years



It now looks as if I will not have to make the tough choice as to whether I will read "Black Swan Green" or "The Yiddish Policemen's Union" first. According to his webpage, Michael Chabon has pushed back the publication of "tYPU" until winter of 2007 because the publication was being rushed. Still no domestic dust jacket had been designed (though, as you can see, the British dust jacket had. Why not use that? I often like the UK covers better anyway.) and the people responsible for marketing the book had not even read it yet.

Chabon says he is going to take the opportunity to give the book another edit. He has been working on the book since 2002.

I was looking forward to April so much--two new books by two of my favorite writers. My question is this: winter of 2007--does that mean 02/07 or 12/07--there is a big difference. I think I can wait until then, but if I have to wait almost until 2008, I think I will cry, unless Mr. Chabon wants to send me a copy. I would be happy to offer edits.

I'm not really complaining. I respect a desire to do things right and take time to make sure you are happy with your work.

No comments: