Horror Feature needs Cast and Crew March 12-24
Reply to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Date: 2007-01-10, 2:50PM EST
UPDATED AGAIN - RECENT SCRIPT CHANGE - Both cast and crew needs have been updated from previous postings, so please read below.
We are seeking local cast and crew for a feature film shooting in and around Boone, NC. The film has guaranteed distribution (through either a division of Lions Gate or WB) as we have relationships with both. Great exposure for actors, great experience for crew. We plan on working hard, but having fun.
SHOOTING DATES CONFIRMED - Production shoot dates are March 12-24 with one day off (Sunday the 18th). When applying for a position, please let us know your availability for those dates. Crew who are available the entire shoot get top priority.
THE MOVIE: low-budget indy horror film set in the woodlands of the south. Friday the 13th meets Deliverance.
NON UNION Actors are asked to submit a headshot and resume via the craigslist email link provided in this posting. If we think you physically embody a character in the script, we will contact you in for a reading when the production arrives in Boone (at the beginning of March). We are specifically looking for the following:
1) JOHN (caucasian)- Lives in the moment. Good time, partying frat boy, early 20's. Would sleep with his friend's girlfriend if he had the chance (think "Steve Stiffler" 'from American Pie').
2) JAMIE (caucasian) - Good time partying sorority sister, early 20's. Beautiful and light hearted. She's fresh out from under her parents thumb and just wants to experience everything. Looks to John to show her how to party. (note: nudity is required for this role)
3) MINDY (caucasian) - Good time partying sorority sister. Busty, blonde, beautiful and BFF forever with Jamie. Not the brightest bulb. Lives for the moment and doesn't have a care in the world. (note: nudity is required for this role)
4) ZEEK (character actor type - caucasian male) - 20's - 30's. Local Yokel drifter. Dirty, sloppy, creepy in a "deliverance" kind of way. He'll stalk our good time college group in the woods.
5) STEVE (caucasian) early 20's, college. Wannabe Frat boy. A hanger-on. Attractive, but awkward. Steve is the kind of guy who's smart and will likely go far in life, but for now, really wants to cut loose and party. He wants to run in the same circles as John and spends his parents wealth to help him get there.
7) RANGER MAXWELL (caucasian) 40's - 50's. CREEPY doesn't begin to describe his energy. The big question will be, is he the a killer or not? MUST be a well versed actor, able to convey a feeling with a look and be able to monologue a ghost story in a frightening, compelling way.
8) JASON (caucasian) - early 20's. Frat boy friend of John's. Unfortunately for Jason, it will cost him his life. Actor needs to sell fear and be able to die a good death (smiles).
Actors please submit resumes/headshots via email and hardcopy to: fixed point films attn: the deranger 8899 beverly blvd. suite 400 los angeles, ca 90048
CREW- (film students are welcome to apply)
1) GAFFER AND GRIPS
2) FIRST AD
3) FIRST AC
3) LOCATION SOUND RECORDIST - Experience required. People with their own equipment (Booms, LAVS, Mixer, etc.) get top priority.
4) MAKEUP - We need a makeup/effects person. Must have your own kit and be willing to do practical makeup along with EFX stuff. Majority of work is action oriented blood gags (ie. blood sprays from opened wounds). EFX Makeup is mostly wound oriented. Please submit portfolio samples via email.
5) PRODUCTION ASSISTANTS - We need PA's that are willing to work on set, doing whatever will be needed. Experience isn't nessary, but is a plus. Great opportunity to boost your resume or get practical, hands-on set experience. PA's with experience could find themselves promoted to more responsible positions (which would look great on IMDB).
Again, this is a low budget indy production. The budget is tight, but if film is in your blood, this is a great opportunity to get your foot in the door. If you are interested in any other position not listed above, feel free to contact us as well. Thanks.
Principals only. Recruiters, please don't contact this job poster.
Please, no phone calls about this job!
Please do not contact job poster about other services, products or commercial interests.