Tuesday, May 09, 2006

Grant McLennan, RIP













I've been reading several remembrances today regarding the passing of Grant McLennan of the Go-Between's, from my favorite sports blog to Linc's myspace page. I never was good at keeping track of who sang what with McLennan and Robert Forster, but various obituaries have pointed out that McLennan sang some of my favorites. I first saw the Go-Between's mentioned in a zine by Jim Wilbur, who listed "16 Lovers Lane" in his personal top ten. I ran across a copy of "Liberty Belle and the Black Diamond Express" at a church rummage sale, and quickly fell in love with the song, "Apology Accepted", which was McLennan's. Their albums were then reissued and I found many great songs. I finally got to see them recently at the Cat's Cradle, and the only complaint I can remember, is that they didn't play every song I wanted to hear, but that's only because there were so many.

No comments: