Wednesday, July 01, 2009

Let's Talk Kanye


So Kanye wrote a book. And he claims that he hates books. This quote right here from a recent interview kinda sums it up:

"Sometimes people write novels and they just be so wordy and so self-absorbed," West said. "I am not a fan of books. I would never want a book's autograph.
"I am a proud non-reader of books. I like to get information from doing stuff like actually talking to people and living real life," he said.

Me too, Kanye. Me too. Well, wait, not the "proud non-reader" part (as if to non-read is an active verb -- "Hey, did you non-read that book I loaned you?"). And I definitely don't want a book's autograph either. But I am increasingly subscribing to this guy's philosophy on Kanye.


I mean, even Pepper Keenan (above), formerly of Corrosion of Conformity, called Kanye retarded. Although, why he feels the need to weigh in across genres is a little puzzling. And also, shit, the bass player from C.O.C. was one of the most retarded individuals I ever encountered working at a rock club. I overheard him telling his girlfriend that the speakers of his bass amp were "where the sound comes from." And not in a condescending or confident tone; it was more of the tone of a child who is amazed at all the pretty colors coming from the TV. So I would consider Pepper an authority.

Discuss! Also, BACKGROUND WIN.

No comments: