Tuesday, April 04, 2006

Herb





Since Ric was wondering.

I had my moments of extreme frustration with him, but I was never a Sendek hater. I was pretty surprised that he left, actually, but the more I think about it, it makes sense. He needed to go somewhere where making the tournament every year but never making it to the Final Four would be good enough for the fan base. Good for him, he's a good guy, a class act. And he's against the death penalty. One of them interlecturals. I put the picture of Julius Hodge up there after beating Connecticut last year because that was the pinnacle of the Sendek era, and he and Jules seemed to have a really close--dare I say "special"?--relationship. When Jules left, the Sendek era was over, I guess. Although all the other players seemed to really love him, too.

As for who I want the next coach to be, obviously it would be awesome to get Rick Barnes or Calipari, but it's not realistic to think they'd come. Billy Gillispie from Texas A&M would be a good get, or maybe Mike Montgomery. Whoever it is, I hope it's someone who will stress rebounding, inside play, transition buckets, and employing a press.

Blah blah blah.

No comments: